Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Buzz from Miss B.

Welcome to the Buzz from Miss B.!

My name is Meghan Barnauskas, and I am currently in the beginning phases of my senior student teaching at Saint Mary's College. I'm hoping to use this blog to share my student teaching experience with family, friends, and other teachers.

I have always said that I was born to be a teacher because even when I was a baby, I would sit in my mom's classroom in a portable crib while she set up her classroom in the summer. As I got a little bit older, I transformed our basement into a school where I would teach my younger sisters on the weekends and over the summer. Now that I am quickly approaching the time when I will have a real classroom of my own, I am becoming increasingly excited (and a little bit nervous).

At Saint Mary's, we are able to spend our entire senior year in the same classroom for student teaching. I chose to spend my year with the sixth grade teacher that I worked with for my formal classroom observations during the fall of my junior year because I deeply admire many of her teaching qualities, and we also get along extremely well. Throughout the fall of this school year, I worked in the classroom during three mornings per week. I would observe, assist with instruction, and occasionally teach my own lessons. Now that I am officially a student teacher, I am slowly taking on more and more instructional responsibilities and couldn't be more excited!


Stay tuned for more buzz from Miss B.!

No comments:

Post a Comment